KS3 lessons are focused on giving students the foundation skills for theatre performance, as well as giving them a breath of theatrical experiences through a variety of genres, stimuli and texts.
Year 7 Units:
- Introduction to Performance Skills
- Introduction and Application of Techniques
- 'Blood Brothers'
Year 8 Units:
- Technique Development and Devising
- 'Curious Incident of the dog in the Night-time'
- 'Bang out of Order'
- Peter Pan
- Creativity and Imagination
- Human Rights
- Technique Exploration
GCSE Drama (WJEC board) consists of three components:
- Component 1 Devising Theatre - students work in groups to create a devised performance, in a specific style, in response to a given stimulus and assessed through practical rehearsal, performance, written evaluation and audio/visual portfolio.
- Component 2 Performing from a Text – students work in groups to perform two extracts from a scripted play, assessed through a practical performance attended by external examiner.
- Component 3 Interpreting Theatre - is a written exam based on a studied set play and a live performance seen on the course.
Years 12/13 Drama and Theatre (WJEC board) consists of three components:
- Component 1 Theatre Workshop - a group performance of a reinterpretation of a script, performed in a specific style and assessed through performance and a creative log.
- Component 2 Text in Action - two group performances based on a given stimulus, one scripted and one devised, each in a different specific style and assessed by a visiting external examiner, through performance and process/evaluation report.
- Component 3 Text in Performance - is a written exam based on the study of three set texts from different time periods.