KS3 lessons are focused on giving students the foundation skills for theatre performance, as well as giving them a breath of theatrical experiences through a variety of genres, practitioners and texts.
Year 7 Units:
- Mime and Silent Movie
- Greek Chorus
- Physical Theatre
Year 8 Units:
- Script exploration (Shakespeare)
- Devising theatrical performances
- Blood Brothers
- 2 lessons per week throughout the year
- Units of work include: Narrative techniques, Devising, Text exploration, Live Theatre review
GCSE Drama (WJEC board) consists of three components:
- Component 1 is Devising Theatre in groups
- Assessed through practical rehearsal, performance, written evaluation and audio/visual presentation.
- Component 2 is Text in Performance – a group performance of two extracts from a scripted play.
- Assessed through a practical performance attended by external examiner
- Component 3 is a written exam based on a studied set play and a live performance seen on the course.
- Two BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma courses in Acting are offered at KS5 (60 credit and full Diploma)
- These are two year courses run by Edexcel
- Students have at least 7 lessons per week
Units include: Principles of Acting, Devising for Theatre, Theatre in Education, Devising Physical Theatre, Performing for an Audience and movement.