How to avoid Catching or Spreading Germs
The following advice from NHS England has been shared with students to help them avoid catching and spreading germs.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tisses in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often - use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if you hands are not clean
The NHS also advises:
- try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- do not share items that come into contact with your mouth such as cups and bottles
- if unwell, do not share items such as bedding, dishes, pencils and towels.
We are also advising staff and students to watch this short video from the NHS which outlines best practice for hand washing:
There are more details on hand washing on the NHS website at: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/