- 1 lesson per week throughout the year
- Units include: Sporting Actions and Beach Life
- 1 lesson per week, alternating termly with Drama throughout the year
- Units include: Gangs, Tribal Dance, Break Dancing and Parkour
- If Dance is selected in year 9, students have ONE double or TWO single lessons per week throughout the year.
- Unit of work: Musical Theatre, Study of Professional Dance work, contact work
- Component 1: Performance (solo and group) and Choreography (one group piece).
- Component 2: Dance Appreciation: Six Professional works to study. Written exam at the end of year 11.
- BTEC level 3 in Dance is offered at KS5.
- This is a TWO-year course with the following options:
- 60 Credit
- 90 Credit
- Gold Arts Award
Students will have 6-12 lessons per week depending on the above choices.